Handmade Deodorant (Lemon/Coconut)
Handmade Deodorant (Lemon)
Ingredients: Baking soda, Arrowroot powder, Organic virgin coconut oil, Local beeswax (from Waterville!), Avocado oil, Fragrance (phthalate-free), Tea tree essential oil
$10 (3 oz)
Why is natural deodorant better for you?
Like so many other cosmetics, several of the ingredients used in most deodorants and antiperspirants are not so good for you. Like these:
- Aluminum – This is the primary ingredient in most stuff you’ll buy at the store. It’s a metal which has been linked to breast cancer in women and increased risk of Alzheimer’s disease. No thanks.
- Parabens – This synthetic preservative is found in so many personal care products. The largest concern is that these chemicals will disrupt our delicate hormonal balance. Paraben exposure has also been linked to birth defects and organ toxicity.
- Propylene glycol – This is a petroleum based material. In large quantities, studies have shown that this stuff can cause damage to the central nervous system, liver, and heart.
- Phthalates – Another class of chemicals that have been linked to a variety of health issues including birth defects.
- Triclsoan – This chemical is actually classified as a pesticide by the FDA and a probable carcinogen by the Environmental Protection Agency.
Do you really want to put this stuff on your body? I didn’t think so.
Our deodorant is aluminum-free, Parabens free, Propylene glycol-free, Phthalate-free, a Triclsoan free!